Friday, September 26, 2008

Feeling Autumny Christmas Coming On


Autumn is the beginning of my Christmas Season.

I am one of the people who had a super, extra, crappy childhood. But, I was also weird and still believed in miracles, angles, fairies, witches and aliens. Pretty much anyone who could rescue a wayward soul. The one time of year this feeling was strongest was Christmas. And It was around Christmas when most of my miracles happened. So, low and behold, I grew up to be a bit of a Christmas nut. LOL My kids don't mind, but I have been asked to wait until Autumn to begin decorating. In fact every year we have a vote on skipping the Halloween decorations and going straight to Christmas. giggles I usually lose and must hold on until after trick or treating.

I really do enjoy Halloween so it's not a super loss.

For me though....... The Christmas feeling starts with today. Not the first day of Autumn, but the way today feels. It's about 65 degrees today, dark and drizzly. And, I know that it's just the beginning. Snow and sweaters are just around the corner and it won't be long, before it's time for a fire in fire place. I'll bake a pie today, mostly because I want the smell of nutmeg and cinnamon swirling through the house. And of course I didn't get much Halloween painting done before I went straight to Christmas. I am not a religious person.....much more spiritual.....so that's not what Christmas is about for me. It's about the feeling of impending Miracles. Knowing that people try a bit harder to be nice. I love the feel of it, the twinkling lights, bright happy colors, homey smells, jolly laughter.

So, I , Sidheforest will be in my Santa's Workshop. Building, painting, sewing, and enjoying my already Christmas Season.




2 comments:

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

I enjoyed your post. This season is all about smells for me, too. I can almost smell the nutmeg! Have fun in your Santa's Workshop!

storybeader said...

hoping the miracles of the winter follow you throughout the year. Thanks for sharing your thoughts in this week's carnival.